Saturday, July 12, 2014

Once Again, It's Been Awhile!

I know, I know!  I'm possibly the worst blogger ever!  So what has been happening this past year?  Well, lets see...

My 9 year old who NEVER gets sick, had two bouts of strep and ended up in the ER.  Twice.

My 83 year old Dad, falls down and breaks five ribs and ends up in the ER.

My 9 year old who ALMOST NEVER gets sick, has his first ear infection in about six years.  On a Sunday because that is the best time of the week to get sick.  No ER this time. Weekend pediatrics offices are great though.

My 77 year old Mom has heart palpitations and I helpfully diagnose it as a panic attack.  It was atrial fibrillation.  This is why I did not go to medical school.  She goes to the ER.  For 15 hours.  Luckily she finally gets a room. The second she can, she drives and is never heard from again.  Just joking. She came back eventually.

My 11 year old is diagnosed with OCD.  We are now helping her learn how to cope and telling her she can no longer take three hours to do her finger nails.  She is limited to only five tries to try to achieve the perfect pony tail.  We are trying to minimize the all out panic attacks she sometimes has because of it.

She leaves for two weeks of sleep-away camp tomorrow and is very nervous about how she will deal with this away from home.  So am I.

Oh, and I'm having a hysterectomy.  "Hyster" from the Latin for womb, "Ectomy" meaning take it out  and offer good pain killers afterward. 

 Also, no vacuuming or strenuous activity for several weeks.  Who am I kidding?  That's pretty much status quo.

By the way this is not the last year of my life.  This is just about the last three months with most of it hitting the big time about three weeks ago.  I realize I am both strong and simultaneously a nervous wreck.  I'm very worn out at this point and am looking forward to general anasthesia.

Please join me on my fabulous surgery journey! I promise it won't be a year this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment