Sunday, July 13, 2014

24 Hours and Counting!

So, last night, I let my 11 year old fall asleep with me because she is very nervous about going to two weeks of sleep away camp today.  She ended up staying the whole night.  This was nice because as a prepubescent, this is the almost the only time she will cuddle with me.  She is better this morning, which is great, because now I'm nervous for both of us.

We leave in two hours to take her and then at 7:30 tomorrow morning, I leave for my own adventure.  I'm so fortunate that I have a great husband and great friends who are helping out, especially with my son who tends to worry about lots of things including my dying.  He will be cuddling tonight.

I'm worried about a few things:

1. Dying.  That would be the first thing. I find the whole surgery/operation room really cool.  It's sudden aneurysm/heart attack/stroke/undiagnosed thingy that I worry about.

2. My kids.  I know that they are in good care but, my anxiety about their anxiety is hard.  Again, my son is happy to be hanging out with his best buds this week and I know he is well cared for.  I just worry about his little sensitive self.

3. Catheters and removal there of.  Enough said.

4. Not having shaved in the last few days.  You see, you are not allowed to shave within 48 hours of surgery.  I missed the window yesterday and will now go into surgery with not only hairy legs and armpits but, a five o'clock shadow.  Maybe more like a 2 PM shadow.  Hard to tell at this point.  

5. I will no doubt be hungry at about 6AM with only toothpaste to sooth my rumbling belly.  I hope there are yummy apple juice cups and Lorna Dune cookies!  Maybe instant coffee!

6. I am concerned that the Kardashian clan will so something of note and I will miss it.

7. I feel I will be disappointed if my uterus does not weigh 30 lbs and that my non-existent thigh gap will continue to be non-existent.  I just hoped that while down there, maybe they would tack on a free cosmetic procedure:  "Free liposuction with your fifth gynecological surgery!"

8. I will not be on Facebook for 12 hours and I will miss all the political drama.  Actually, that is a good thing!

Off I go!  I will keep you posted!  Log in again to follow this story and please share if you think others can relate!

Thanks!

PS. What if I forget to DVR Good Morning America so I can see the interview with 17 year old Malala in Nigeria?  I need that for home schooling in September!  

No comments:

Post a Comment