Friday, March 8, 2013

Changes, Changes...

So when last I blogged, I was working as a substitute teacher in my children's district, my kids were in kindergarten and first grade, I had thoughts that at some point I would be hired to teach full-time in said district, I was planning a fabulous trip to Disney World, I still had my gall bladder, I was still infertile, I was having debilitating "I'm not leaving the house anxiety,"  and my house was a mess.

Well changes happen.

 I stopped subbing because apparently my six years of teaching second grade did not qualify me to teach second grade during a six-week maternity leave (they gave it to someone who had never had his own classroom). I pulled my kids out of the district because, although I loved their teachers, the administration and their policies stunk.  We became a homeschooling family (more on that later).  My daughter is now 10 and in fourth grade.  My son is 8 and is "revisiting"  the second grade.  My trip to Disney was fabulous although three weeks prior, I had my gall bladder removed.  Two months prior to that, I had a miscarriage after a very unexpected and short lived pregnancy. I'm on some medication now, which reduced my anxiety and probably is the reason I was relaxed enough to conceive. My house is messier than ever.  Oh, and I think I am starting menopause, hence the name of this blog.

Because it really has nothing to do with men, although I think my husband is looking to convert the garage into some kind of living space in case things get crazy.  I like to think of "The Change" as just an actual pause in the action of your life. "We interrupt this menstrual cycle so that you can experience your days in a whole new way! Slow metabolism, night sweats, and hot flashes!"  Of course, you can save on your Advil bill.  And you can actually plan trips anytime of the year without consulting your monthly calendar. So there are some good points too.

This is not to say your whole life should pause and you should roll up in the fetal position until it is over.  It just truly is a transition.  One that may or may not be pleasant. I'm looking at it as a time to pause and reflect, and look ahead.  I shall see!  

So, what have you been up to?

From the Fabulous, Gall Bladder free Disney trip! Photo credit: hubby Chris Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment